Wrong Fuel what do I do?
With approximately 150,000 UK drivers putting the wrong fuel into their cars and vans every year, you are certainly not alone.
Wrong fuel what do I do? Follow our instructions below or contact one of our engineers to help you further :
In some cars, just turning on the ignition primes the fuel pump meaning the damage begins before the engine is running. Whatever you do, don’t drive your car. Any professional misfueling service should be able to pump the petrol out of your car, flush it through and get you on your way, hopefully with little in the way of lasting damage.
At the petrol station?
1) If you are at the petrol station – inform the station staff and ask for assistance to move the car to one side in a safe manner.
2) Do not start your car.
3) Call one of our engineers for further advice.
At road side?
1) Don’t panic.
2) Find a safe location to park and use your hazards.
3) Switch off the engine and ensure the ignition is not on.
4) Call one of our engineers who will be able to advice you further
Auto Assist Group is the parent company of Auto Fuel Assist. The Auto Assist Group is a nationwide organization founded in 2009 with 125 years of combined knowledge and our strong partnerships, including the ITW additives international group, a billion-dollar corporation, we bring our customers the latest and most reliable outcomes that work. Together we have built a reputation as an innovator committed to quality, reliability and customer service click here for more information.
A One-Stop Solution for All your Misfueling needs